February 1, 2011

A Few Items from My Winter Menu

I had a cook date this past week (a cook date is when I go and prepare dinners for a week and leave for either fresh or frozen service). This family chose to have 5 entrees/sides stored in servings for 4. Everything turned out well. I have to continue to improve my timing, but it was great fun! The menu was:

Carribbean Chicken Chimichangas with Mango Sauce

Ethiopian Spicy Braised Chicken
             with Basmati Rice and Spinich Salad with Asian Dressing

Pork Chops with Dijon and Wine Sauce
             with Ginger Asparagus

Chicken Cakes with Tangy Remoulade Sauce
             with Mediterranean Green Beans

Cuban Lime Flank Steak
              with Braised Baby Bok Choy

1 comment:

  1. My family was the lucky one to benefit from Jimmy’s recent cook date. My husband had traveled out of the country for several weeks and I was worn out from managing home, work, and family on my own. It was so nice to have Jimmy come in and in a few hours have food for the entire week cooked. My daughter (age 1 ½) even loved all the meals! We were able to select if we wanted the food frozen or in the refrigerator ready to heat. This made it easy for us to match the food to our weekly schedule saving us A LOT of time! Having a personal chef really is a solution for the entire family: healthy food, prepped in your home, and ready to eat. I am so happy we found Jimmy!

    ReplyDelete